One degree temperature difference on a gear wheel of 1.000 mm diameter results into 12 micron deviation. Bierens’ manufacturing technology is based on an accuracy of two microns. This fact of physics is the main reason that a temperature controlled production environment is crucial for high quality gear manufacturing.
A few facts about the new Bierens facilities
- 14 overhead cranes with a maximum capacity of 25 tons
- radio controlled cranes equipped with anti-sway system to optimize internal logistics
- installation of 72 machines
- production floors: 8000 square meters
- office space: 2100 square meters divided in two floors
- reduced energy and gas consumption allowing us to contribute to the corporate social responsibility